Today’s nonprofits are realizing that increased competition is necessitating the exceptional promotion of their organizations. Nonprofit administrators are continually developing new marketing and fundraising strategies to help them become better communicators of their missions, to foster growth, and to increase the impact of their causes; thus making the world a better place.
So, leaders in the nonprofit sector are faced with the task of developing websites that will not only advertise services, but also stand out as unique, comprehensive, and, most importantly, inviting to potential donors. Charities are asking how they can and should be harnessing the web’s power. They seek to understand how to integrate it into their overall marketing mix.
SO WHAT WORKS? ITEMS THAT ARE MOST ADVANTAGEOUS IN ATTRACTING A POTENTIAL DONOR, AND THAT MUST BE EASILY VIEW-ABLE ON ANY NONPROFIT WEBSITE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING.
- Your name, logo, and MISSION. Possibly add captioned images that clearly represent your mission.
- Photos of people-those who you have served or who represent your primary target.
- Some way to get questions answered quickly-search capability or an FAQ link.
- Encryption whenever you ask for anything beyond an email address, especially a donation website.
- A call to action. Make the ask! Request charitable donations, volunteers, and gifts-in-kind.
- An invitation to future communication. Sign up for e-alerts or e-newsletter.
- A link to on- and off-line contact information.
- Images or statements indicating how gifts are used.
- Appreciation for previous donors-thank yous, logos, recognition.
- Last, but not least, search engine optimization (the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a site from search engines via targeted keywords)
Looking through the eyes of a potential donor, nonprofits must seek to understand the power and the potential of their nonprofit site so their organizations will become more effective and better equipped for the future when it comes time to get donations.
DO YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT NON-PROFIT WEB DESIGN SERVICES?
WANTING TO READ MORE ABOUT FOUNDATIONS AND CHARITABLE NONPROFIT INFORMATION, GO TO OUR PRIOR BLOG TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW TO APPLY FOR GOVERNMENT GRANTS.